Our client, an internationally renowned provider of technology solutions for the energy industry is seeking to recruit qualified professionals to fill this position
- Provides technical support related to materials necessary to meet engineering needs.
- Ensures that projects meet specifications, standards and performance requirements within area of expertise.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials or Metallurgical Engineering with 8-10 years relevant experience in specialized area or product line(s) or MS degree plus six to eight years experience.
- Detailed knowledge of at least one FMC or related product line and general knowledge of several lines. ome knowledge of systems.
- Basic knowledge of competing and alternative technologies.Expert knowledge of metallurgical manufacturing and heat-treating processes.
- Advanced knowledge of welding processes.
- Advanced knowledge of material properties and their application – Experience of materials selection for oilfield application preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently develops solutions to non-recurring problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data. Anticipates potential problems and takes preventative actions.
- Consults with other departments on equipment designs and questions. Identifies root cause of problems. Develops alternative solutions and communicates associated benefits and risks.
- Participates in planning and scheduling projects.
- Accepts ownership of conceptual designs and sponsors projects to higher management.
- Supports customer interface on material problems and recommendations
- Prepares documentation, information and communications such as ECN (Engineering Change Notices), DBI (Data Base Information) and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting.
- Assists Purchasing department in obtaining vendor material and process quality.
- Works with Manufacturing and Weld Shop to develop welding process improvements and new procedures.
- Provides metallurgical and other material technology advice and support to Engineering.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/481084 to apply for this job .