The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a number of General Services position based in WFP Nigeria. The position is based in Maiduguri and Damaturu respectively. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities (not all inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of all food assistance interventions
- Support activities related to the analysis of processes, outputs and outcomes data
- Analyse and prepare a range of reports related to monitoring and evaluation activities lessons learnt and required implementation improvement.
- Perform gathering, recording and analysis of accurate, timely data related to M&E activities ensuring consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support follow-up on a monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/or adjustment are made to programme responses as required.
- Liaise with internal counterpart and external partners and support strengthening of the data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence.
- Support capacity building of national and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques
- Support the management and maintenance of M&E corporate systems
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of M&E operational queries and problems.
- Other as required.
Qualification, Experience, and Attributes
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary Certificate in the related functional area. Completion of University degree is an advantage,
- A minimum of 4 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Has worked with technical teams (i e. M&E,VAM, etc.)
- Has developed programme specific tools for M&E and implemented timely improvement to monitoring systems.
- Has developed reporting formats and dashboard to present programme performance.
- Has observed or assisted with discussions related to monitoring & evaluation activities.
- Has worked with large databases.
Flnency (level C) in English language.
Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480859 to apply for this job .