The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a number of General Services position based in WFP Nigeria. The position is based in Maiduguri and Damaturu respectively. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities (not all inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programmer policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management and/or general office support
- Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports in order to support operational decision making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Support communication and activities with local partners agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessarry
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis
Qualification, Experience, and Attributes
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary Certificate in the related functional area. Completion of University degree is an advantage,
- A minimum of 4 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Has worked with technical team (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.)
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Has participated in the capacity building activities.
- Has experience in managing partnerships.
- Knowledge of cash-based transfer modalities is an added advantage.
- Flnency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480857 to apply for this job .