The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a number of General Services position based in WFP Nigeria. The position is based in Maiduguri and Damaturu respectively. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities (not all inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Provide transportation to senior WFP staff, high ranking UN officials and visitors including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and the delivery and collection of various items following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Plan and assign the routes and schedules for other drivers, to support efficient transport-related service for clients.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books and daily reporting mechanical status to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption.
- Efficiently plan and coordinate WFP vehicle maintenance to ensure vehicles are fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies.
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and /or in case of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems.
- Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bill, to ensure administrative support to clients
Qualification, Experience, and Attributes
- Three or more years of work experience as a Driver preferably in an international organisation, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicle. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions and security issues.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic method.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Completion of Secondary School education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver's license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations
- Fluency (level C) in both written and oral communication in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local language is desirable
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480853 to apply for this job .