The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a number of General Services position based in WFP Nigeria. The position is based in Maiduguri and Damaturu respectively. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities (not all inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to client.
- Provide guidance and on-the job training to other staff.
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters , i.e payroll contracts, etc.
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of ork ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management system for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines
- Support preparation of basic reports.
Qualification, Experience, and Attributes
- Five or more years progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field.
- Knowledge of specialised HR administrative work practice and methods
- Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles.
- Ability to conduct basis analyses.
- Ability to build relationship with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480812 to apply for this job .