Pfizer - Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That's why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
- Provide regional environment, health, safety (EHS) support to Manufacturing internal sites (currently based in Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Tunisia and Turkey) and external supply network, in the Africa, Middle East region, to ensure key risks are appropriately managed and compliance is maintained.
- At the direction of the Regional EHS Leader support alignment across internal facilities, other enabling functions and the wider corporate EHS program.
- Ensure risks within internal facilities are identified and understood through utilization of tools such as the Site Operating Risk model and risks reduced aligned with Operating Risk Evaluation/Review processes.
- Utilizing prioritization tools, ensure risks within key external supply operations are identified and understood through completion of EHS Reviews and risks are reduced through completion of agreed action plans.
- Provide support and training, to maintain or improve performance.
- Work within a matrix structure that manages regionally and reports by Operating Unit.
- Monitor internal facility EHS and site resources, capability, organization, leadership capability.
- Support internal sites with development planning for EHS resources.
- Enable EHS collaboration across facilities and functions to drive innovation and risk reduction.
- Facilitates effective communication and replication within Manufacturing operations.
- Provide independent counsel to EHS and site leaders on potential or actual events or changes that impact EHS performance.
- Undergraduate Degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering/Sciences/Management, Health and Safety, Risk Management or a related field.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years relevant experience in chemical, biological or drug product manufacturing.
- Experience in a broad range of EHS disciplines.
- Expert in one of the following subjects beneficial; process safety, industrial hygiene.
- Risk assessment/risk management knowledge with the ability to explain risk profiles and associated risk mitigation practices, therefore influencing others to comply.
- Active membership in at least one relevant professional body.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to work across multiple countries and cultures.
- Ability to influence stakeholders to gain alignment and commitment.
- Ability to quickly assess EHS risks and consider business implications.
- Quickly adjusts to changing business needs without losing focus on long term strategies.
- Other Information Internal
- Organizational Relationships:
- Interacts and provides direction/leadership to facility EHS leaders and teams;
- Provides feedback and direction to site leaders;
- Provides feedback and direction to Manufacturing Operating Unit leaders;
- Engages with peer functions to ensure alignment and seize opportunities, eg Network Excellence, Quality, Engineering, Global Technical Services.
- Non-standard work schedule, travel or environment requirements:
- Required to travel local and/or internationally 30 to 40%.
- Ability to periodically work flexible hours to accommodate international time zones.
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Holds People Accountable
- Leads Change
- Commits to "One Pfizer"
- Builds Effective Teams
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480796 to apply for this job .