Unit: Data Centre
Reporting Line: General Manager, MainData
The Data Centre Services Manager (DCSM) will coordinate all Data Centre Services to internal and external customers and shall be the single point of contact for all such services. The DCSM will formulate strategic plans and tactical measures to deliver DC services to the customers. Key responsibilities include:
- Assumes ownership of the Data Centre space and liaise with the DCOM & Facilities Manager to ensure consistent customer experience.
- Manage the Service Coordination team and liaising with Technical Sales, DC Product specialists and the DC operations team to ensure that the right technical solutions are designed for the customer.
- Manage the entire cycle of customer on-boarding process (from feasibilities studies to sign-off) and ensuring that detailed and realistic project implementation plans are developed for the customer onboarding.
- Builds and sustains effective communications with all stakeholders and across functional teams to maximize the customer experience
- Coordinate Data Centre tours for potential customer and visitors or assigning such responsibilities as may be needed.
- Proactively identifies potential issues and drives solution to avoid customer impact and facilitate continuous improvements.
- Ongoing technical supports for activities involving Data Center supports services and Operations.
- Ensure continuous improvement of Data Centre processes and procedures, such that they are highly effective and reflect industry best practice
- Forecast staff needs, including coaching, motivating and developing team members.
- Develops the Data Center Standard Service Procedures (SSP) including Service methodologies and processes
- Be a highly effective peer, leader, and partner within the Information Services leadership team
Supervision: To work under the supervision of GM, MainData.
Contacts: DC operations Manager, Technical sales, DC Product Specialists, Facilities Engineers, NOC Engineers.
- Experience working in IT/ Data Centre Operations including operational experience in Building Management or Data Center Information Management systems, common tools, methods, and techniques
- Excellent IT/DC Operations Process Management Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with IT /DC Operations & Services management and Customer Management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage 24x7 Operations support teams and manage team to achieve stringent KPIs
- Proven ability to forecast and manage facilities IT infrastructure and services
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with Data Centre Standards and ISO 9001 and 27001 certifications
- Experience from a matured colocation Data Center Operations environment is a requirement.
- Good experience of Data Centre facilities such as UPS, HVAC, BMS, Access control and surveillance systems is a requirement.
- Operational leadership experience and previous experience in co-location operations will be a significant advantage.
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
- ITIL V3 Certification and MBA will be an added advantage
- 6-10 years of experience in Data Centre Business, 5 of which must be in data centre operations, preferably in an open access/colocation environment.
- Experience with data center subsystems – generators, UPS, cooling systems, fire suppression systems, access control systems, CCTV and other critical subsystems required to assure data center operations
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work even at odd hours when the work demands
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480610 to apply for this job .