Responsible for providing overall leadership to the technology department. This involves managing a teams of developers, devops and designers.
Oversees the provision of IT services, and the overall technology direction within the company, in the delivery of services, as required.
Responsible for technology planning, budgeting, projects coordination, quality assurance on products delivered.
Oversees technology security in the company including company tech assets (website, software, APIs and web services etc) as well as internal technology tools used in operations
Ensure that company technology assets are designed (and maintained) as scalable and highly available systems.
Enforce culture of software best practice in software development and devops teams.
Work with vendors, partners and clients where applicable to ensure smooth integrations and/or satisfactory and acceptable service delivery.
Ensure company stays current in the latest relevant IT technologies and IT trends to give inputs to future product directions.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Sound software engineering practice with years of experience evident in proven products/platforms
- Experience working with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Rackspace, SoftLayer, DigitalOcean etc…)
- Knowledge of web security best practices, security vulnerabilities and measures for attack prevention and containment.
- Organizational skill and ability to manage multiple projects at any given point in time.
- Ability to analyse problems (both business and technical) and proffer creative and cost efficient solutions.
- Experience working in the Linux environment.
- Experience setting up and managing web stack technologies including but not limited to Web Servers (Nginx, Apache, Tomcat), App servers (uwsgi, gunicorn, PHP-FPM), Cache Services (Memcache, Redis).
- Experience using platform monitoring and analytics tools like Pingdom, NewRelic, AWS CloudWatch and CloudTrail.
- Experienced in Version Control (Git, Mercurial) and Software development coordination tools (Docker, Vagrant)
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480520 to apply for this job .