Arbico Plc is a full service, building and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978. The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Over the years, the company has been involved in the construction of a broad spectrum of projects for governments, multinational companies, industrial groups, as well as high-networth individuals
- Draft the Internal Audit Charter of the organisation in line with the international standards.
- Develop risk–based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities.
- Design internal audit procedures and work programs.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding Construction sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques. Travelling to different sites to conduct spot checks, meet relevant staff and obtain documents and information
- Consistently Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within Arbico Plc.
- Minimum of 2nd Class upper degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years internal audit/control experience out of which 5 years must be in a construction or oil and gas industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio) and Accounting Software (Tally; Peachtree)
- Capable of demonstrating up to date technical financial reporting knowledge including in-depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Excellent Reporting and presentation skills
- Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480276 to apply for this job .