OBAQUADS NIG LTD is currently seeking the right candidates to fill this vacant position
- We are currently seeking an Economic researcher and analyst to work as the research lead for our Economic analysis and Reporting website.
- As the lead researcher and analyst you will be required to have a very broad understanding of fiscal, monetary, micro, macro and international Economic areas across a broad range of sectors e.g. Agriculture; Manufacturing etc.
- There will also be a requirement that you have an appreciation for Banking and Financial instruments (derivative instruments; Cash and debt instruments) and an interest in the trading markets both local and international.
- Your role will require that you have an interest in research and analysis, your responsibilities will be to research, collate and write critically reckonable and original reports covering the global economies across all industries.
- You must also be a thinker whose insights must rise above the shallow pervasive rhetoric often heard, your analytical capabilities must be critical, thought provoking and original and this must be reflective in your writings and the articles you produce for publication on our digital platform.
The Economic researcher will provide intellectual leadership relating to all aspects of Economics History, Economic research and economy analysis throughout the team.
- Must be based in Ibadan
- Must be flexible and open to the notion of travelling inter-state
- Must be flexible and adaptable to working hours
- Applicants who do not have the above Educational qualification, but can demonstrate equivalent work experience and appropriate character will be considered.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Lead the process of analyzing the government strategies and policies
- Researching and producing critical reports pertaining to International financial organisations and the impact of their policies and strategies/experimentation on the African continent
- Evaluating different Economic philosophies and strategies across the continent
- Research analyse and produce short term and long-term economic forecasts for the website.
- Forecast and interpret the key components of different economies
- Provide forward-looking analysis for capital planning to identify economic and other related trends
- Publish regular economic analysis commentaries and forecasts of interest rates and key economic factors on a timely basis
- Lead the production of regular reports which monitor developments in global economic and financial environment across all key markets and products
- Have an ability to foster relationships with various bank departments and key personnel in order to get an insight and provide analysis relating to economic forecasts, market behavior, and political decisions, which may affect key investment and interest areas, This will include asset servicing, investments, treasury, trade and foreign exchange
Education and Experience Required The successful candidate should have:
- Should have completed a BSC in Economics
- A Master’s Degree would be a distinct advantage
- Some years of post-graduation experience in professional economic research or other relevant experience in national/international organizations/national government, or academic institutions would be considered favourably- Such experience will be viewed positively even where the above education experience is not met
- Some research and publication track record
- Experience within the banking Industry, Financial; Insurance or Consulting would be of added advantage
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480224 to apply for this job .