Arbico Plc is a full service, building and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978. The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Over the years, the company has been involved in the construction of a broad spectrum of projects for governments, multinational companies, industrial groups, as well as high-networth individuals
- Calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
- Consider the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
- Liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
- Examine structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
- Make drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors;
- Work with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyse results of soil sample and in-situ tests;
- Liaise with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound;
- Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures;
- Use computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
- Minimum of 2nd Class upper degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering
- Membership of relevant professional body (COREN, NSE)
- Minimum of 10 years construction industry experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio)
- Advanced IT skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Project, Primavera
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479877 to apply for this job .