FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all US. states and territories.
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to implement high quality care, treatment and support activities with primary focus on clinical management of HIV/AIDS including provision of Anti-retroviral therapy (ART).
- The SSTO will also provide technical leadership and support to the implementing agencies in prevention and mitigation at the state level. It includes supporting the implementation of prevention activities (sexual and biomedical) and strategic behavior change interventions, testing and counseling, home based care, orphans and vulnerable children and other community mobilization activities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management and home-based care HIV/AIDS strategies and approaches related to implementation of programs.
- Assist in the development of strategies for the design and implementation of HIV/AIDS mitigation interventions. This includes orphans and vulnerable children programming; home based care and other care and support activities at the community level.
- With the Associate Director/Clinical Services and the State Program Manager, coordinate the design and implementation of components related to clinical management of, and home-based care for HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment in field-level projects and programs.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS care and support capacity building at the state level.
- Development and implementation of interventions focusing on nutrition, food security, education and skills development; psychosocial/spiritual support and shelter; household economic strengthening, legislative support and child protection.
- With Associate Director/Clinical Services, develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation and monitoring of HIV/AIDS care and support programming.
- Development of strategies for the design and implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention, behaviour change intervention among most at risk populations i.e. PLHIV, MARPs to reduce sexual transmission.
- Support the implementation of Abstinence, Be faithful, Condom (ABC) and Other Prevention (OP) activities as well as guide the provision of technical assistance to implementing partners on SBC activities.
- Work in close collaboration with the TB and Integrated Medical Service Unit in the implementation of integrated HIV, TB and other medical services at the facility level.
- Provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care capacity building to field programs.
- Work with relevant staff to coordinate the design and implementation of facility based programs in relation to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management for FHI 360 Nigeria programs including management of OIs and PMTCT capacity building as well as providing
- Work with technical relevant technical staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to local partners in programming HIV/AIDS/STI activities.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS prevention and mitigation capacity building to field programs and develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of prevention and mitigation of HIV/AIDS.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to HIV/AIDS care and support and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
- Represent FHI 360/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of HIV/AIDS care and support at the state level.
- Remain informed on current programs in HIV/AIDS care and support and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
- Experience in large and complex SBC/BCC mobilization activities in a donor funded national health focused project is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479734 to apply for this job .