A firm in the Energy sector seeks qualified candidate fill this role
Performs a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions in an organization
Scope of Job
Operates as the Accountant for our Oil and gas firm and all its subsidiaries
- Assist in month end reporting procedures
- Process accounts payables and receivables as needed.
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks
- Handle all tax matters
- Process all Personnel salary tasks.
- Prepare and submit customer invoices
- Code, post and receipt payments
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliatio
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment
- Check, verify and process invoices
- Sort, code and enter accounts payable data
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices
- Maintain vendor files
- The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department including:
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs (SAP)
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Proven accounting experience
- Experience in the Nigerian tax system
- Experience in the oil and gas industry
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS office, databases and accounting software
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Organizational skills
- Degree or higher
- ICAN certification is a plus
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479461 to apply for this job .