Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming. CRS is expanding its activities in the North-East in the area of Food Security, Nutrition, Non Food Items, Water and Sanitation.
- In coordination with the Emergency Coordinator, track, plan and monitor the successful implementation of emergency response programming in the northeast;
- In coordination with the Emergency Coordinator; DCR, and CR, remain abreast of shifting security dynamics and possible hot spots for displacement. As able, develop contingency plans and monitor potential scenarios for IDP flows;
- Develop and regularly update a complete calendar of all emergency program activities;
- Support pilot and start-up activities for all new projects throughout the northeast;
- Provide inputs for situation reports for the region and headquarters as necessary;
- Draft or contribute to donor reports as necessary;
- Collaborate with the MEAL Manager on the development of M&E tools to ensure quality collection of data in the field;
- Collaborate with the EC and MEAL Manager to ensure accountability systems are in place during an emergency response, including, but not limited, anonymous feedback mechanisms;
- Ensure adherence with CRS guiding principles, program quality statements, and standards
- Promote the use of PQ tools and manuals, including the MEAL in Emergencies, ProPack, and Sphere guidelines.
- Partnerships, Representation and Networking:
- Manage multi or bi-lateral coordination with other local and international NGOs to reduce the possibility of duplication. In support of this, develop and update an emergency response tracking sheet to document interventions across sectors and geographic areas;
- Attend inter-agency/ working group meetings specifically for the emergency response to assist in coordinating CRS emergency activities in Maiduguri.
- Coordinate and/or represent the project team in professional circles through technical advisory groups, meetings, conferences, and presentations;
- Report weekly to the EC on all coordination activities.
- Program/Proposal Development:
- Support programming staff in the design of high quality programs.
- Contribute to the identification and Pursuit of additional funding for art emergency and/or recovery response, including drafting concept notes and/or proposals with the support of the EC.
- Master's degree in Public Health, International Development or related field
- Minimum of 6 years working experience with at least 3 years working for an INGO with program management responsibilities.
- Experience in emergency programming will be an added advantage Demonstrated ability to manage a public health, WASH, livelihoods or food security projects, including working with government authorities.
- Proven experience working with mind through partner organizations including working with the public sector
- Working knowledge of and experience with UN, USG or GF projects will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the local languages in the NE will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the local terrain in the NE will be an added advantage.
- Excellent English language- oral and written communication skills.
- Excel lent organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience with, and a demonstrated commitment to community-hated approach to development.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, good decision-making skills.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479265 to apply for this job .