Bertola Machine-Tool Limited is Nigeria's largest Machines & Technical Equipment warehouse with fully equipped maintenance workshops. Established in 1981 as Bertola International Ltd, which name was later modified in 1986 to Bertola Machine-Tool Ltd to depict the nature of its operations. It was incorporated under The Companies and Allied Matters Act, 1990, with Registration Number RC. 89822.
- To be responsible for ensuring the accurate (both physical and paperwork) and timely dispatch of all orders and requests.
- Also ensuring that all shipments are physically double checked by someone other than the person dispatching the shipment prior to courier collection.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring the necessary certificates are applied for accurately and in a timely manner
- To report regularly to the Logistics Manager and ensure she is kept fully informed of all tasks at hand. Discuss the projects you are researching to ensure all is correct and take instruction and guidance.
- To research and discuss with the Logistic Manager, correct shipping processes and legal requirements in particular when going into new markets and when planning for events to ensure shipping runs smoothly.
- To ensure all import/export paperwork is correctly executed and fully logged and filed complete for archive record.
- To accurately process import clearance instruction and records are correctly handled
- To setup and maintain account customer shipping profiles to ensure that all shipping, tagging, payment of freight.
- Import and export spreadsheets
- Filing of Clearance Instructions in writing as they are issued.
- Work with third party Logistics carriers to drive on time delivery performance improvements
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Customs requirements and procedures and lead activities to update working procedures in line with changes
- Carry out ad-hoc export duties
- Apply for relevant certification to meet document pack requirements
- HND/Degree essential from a relevant discipline
- 3yrs+ prior logistics/shipping experience
- Recognised logistics qualification is desirable not essential
- Previous export administration experience of working with freight forwarding companies
- Good attention to detail, must be able to work accurately in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines and working under pressure
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills, comfortable communicating at all levels within the business
- Excellent IT skills, specifically Word & Excel ideally in a logistics/supply chain environment
- Highly motivated and proactive
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478849 to apply for this job .