Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, DC., in 1927 by J Willard and Alice S Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience.
- You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
- You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Assist and support management and the leadership team with handling and resolving Human Resources issues.
- Assist employees with internal and external transfer requests and procedures.
- Monitor and assist managers/supervisors with hiring processes and issues.
- Coordinate and conduct applicant drug screens, reference checks, background checks, motor vehicle checks, and social security number verification.
- Maintain applicant flow, drug screen, orientation and transfer request logs.
- Create and maintain new hire and personnel files and enter them into Human Resources Information Systems.
- Assist with orientation of new employees. Monitor all hiring and recruitment processes for compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and company policies and standards.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., interview documents, I-9's).
- Support processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations within the division or property.
- Create and maintain filing systems.
- Generate Human Resources data reports as necessary Answer phone calls and record messages.
- Create and type office correspondence using computer.
- Serve as Human Resources subject matter expert and participate on project teams.
- Train new hires on Human Resources processes, programs, policies, information systems, etc.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478819 to apply for this job .