Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
- As a member of the Extended Senior Management Team (ESMT), the Deputy Director of Program Development and Quality (PDQ), provides leadership and mobilizes the necessary technical assistance to develop and maintain an effective MEAL system throughout SCI Nigeria and its partners.\r\n
- S/he ensures that the information and analysis needs of various departments, programs and field offices, are met effectively by measuring the effectiveness and impact and dissemination of key findings to relevant stakeholders.\r\n
- The Deputy Director, Program Development and Quality (PDQ) reports to the Deputy Country Director/PDQ, and works in close coordination with Regional Office, Technical Units as well as implementing partners.\r\n
- Leads, designs and implements efficient organizational performance measurement systems that allow accurate, reliable information collection and reporting;\r\n
- Develops overall organizational performance measurement framework, linking conceptual models to program monitoring and evaluation and identifying strategies and models for replication;\r\n
- Builds core competencies of MEAL field staff and project managers through training and technical assistance for accurate data collection, analysis and reporting;\r\n
- Guides, supervises and participates in evaluations. Oversees technical assistance for evaluation activities;\r\n
- Ensures management responses to findings and recommendations of evaluations and program reviews are followup with a detailed implementation plan;\r\n
- Coordinates effective dissemination of findings, conclusions, recommendations and lessons learned from programs to intended audience, with a view to improving program design, policy and strategy;\r\n
- Ensures that a functioning accountability framework is in place and responding to the needs of primary stakeholders including donors, implementing partners and service recipients.\r\n
- Program Development & Strategy:\r\n
- Lead in the development of a robust logic models during proposal development;\r\n
- Lead in developing robust MEAL plans for new opportunities;\r\n
- Coordinate country-wide annual strategic activities such as annual plans and reports\r\n
- Support in the organization’s strategic planning process, specifically regarding program planning and documentation\r\n
- Collaborates with implementation teams to review and alter our current data and reporting system as needed\r\n
- Scale-up existing program quality assessments through the development of a comprehensive detail implementation plans to monitor progress of all programs and report to the senior management team on a quarterly basis.\r\n
- Preferred candidates have a minimum Master\'s Degree in Social Sciences or related area;\r\n
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in humanitarian or development context, with at least 3 years’ management and supervisory experience of senior staff;\r\n
- Previous M&E experience in a nonprofit, consulting, or government agency preferably in a leadership role, and a successful track record in designing effective M&E, Knowledge Management and Learning and Communications strategies and systems.\r\n
- The ideal candidate possesses excellent planning, research, and analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to work costeffectively and efficiently;\r\n
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills;\r\n
- Proven leadership ability and collaborative approach to finding solutions,\r\n
- Achieving quality work, and delivering outcomes and materials on time in a changing, fastpaced, deadlinedriven environment.\r\n
- Strong computer skills and a working knowledge of statistical software.\r\n
- Knowledge of qualitative data analysis software, MS Project and SharePoint highly desirable.\r\n
- S/he is also able to travel 30% of the time to field offices.\r\n
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478655 to apply for this job .