Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
- Support and ensure that sub grantees (CSOs) have clear roles and responsibilities, and a strong understanding of all Donors and save the children regulation and policies, especially the core policies such as; Child Safeguarding policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud & dishonesty policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
- Liaise with the Finance Cordinator, Katsina and Field Manager, Jigawa to ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, matched with the operational needs of the state office and budget forecasts, and in line with SC policies, GATES and other donor requirements.
- Assist the Finance Coordinator, Katsina to manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds on GLACOSS.
- Support the Finance Coordinator, Katsina in processing all banking activities in the state office, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintained, and that bank instruments are obtained on a timely basis.
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service providers, and partners in line with SC policies, GATES and other requirements. Ensure all financial transactions in the state office are appropriately approved, authorised and administered, in line with SC, GATES and other policies.
- Maintain the office cash box and disburse cash payments. Ensure weekly cash counts are done and properly documented by non-finance staff.
- Ensure floats taken are retired with adequate support documentation and forward it Finance Coordinator.
- Support the Field team and Country Office to provide administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure that all financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis in line with SC policies, project agreements, GATES and other requirements.
- Work with the Katsina team (Administration/HR, Logistics and Security) and the Country to establish basic systems/procedures for state office support functions, such as: communications, documentation, records, file-keeping, publications, training resources and informational materials, inventories for office supplies and equipment, etc.
- Support the Field Manager and office assistant to coordinate all state-level procurement activities, basic administrative functions, and asset/property management in line with SC policies, GATES and other requirements.
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Work effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478654 to apply for this job .