Roche was one of the first companies to bring targeted treatments to patients. With our combined strength in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, we are better equipped than any other company to further drive personalised healthcare. Two-thirds of our Research and Development projects are being developed with companion diagnostics.
We are the world's number 1 in biotech with 14 biopharmaceuticals on the market. Over half of the compounds in our product pipeline are biopharmaceuticals, enabling us to deliver better-targeted therapies.
- The Senior Accountant position reports to the Financial Controller Nigeria and is a part of the SR SSA (Sub Region Sub Sahara Africa) Finance community. As Senior Accountant, Roche Nigeria, you will have a leadership position in driving excellence in strategic and tactical operations while providing superior partnership to the business and engaging key external stakeholders.
- Ensuring Roche Nigeria Financial Report meets the highest statutory and management expectations and delivered on time. Taking full responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities and leading the statutory reporting and filing with appropriate authorities. Operating with high level of integrity, ethics and compliance, you will be required to:
- Take the ownership of Company Financials - responsible for day to day operations and consolidation on a periodic basis
- Lead the Interface with all stakeholders (Shared Service Centre, Inter Company operations) in providing timely and accurate financials
- Coordinate the interaction with external auditor for timely audit and resolution of issues
- Lead the company engagement with partners and other service providers in ensuring timely filing of all tax returns
- Provide support to the HR team in implementing optimal HRIS solution
- Support Financial Controller in Business Planning activities
- Lead the company internal control activities in alignment with Group laid down guidelines
- You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Graduate Caliber, Qualified Accountant with 5-8 years experience in multinational environment with proven experience in Financial Reporting & Business Controlling
- Track record of understanding the needs of the various stakeholders and ability to influence leaders in ensuring the achievement of the finance strategy and supporting the company objectives
- Strategic and analytical thinking and project management abilities, coupled with high level presentation and influencing skills
- Proven people management record in leading high performing teams;
- Ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment with shared accountability and responsibilities
- Intercultural understanding
- True interest in leading and collaborating with people
- Proficient in English
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478545 to apply for this job .