Arik Air - Launched in 2006, Arik Air is West Africa largest airline. Positioned at the commercial hub airport of one of the world's leading emerging economies, Arik Air currently serves an ever expanding route network of key cities in Nigeria, Africa, Europe and the US. Arik Air boasts a modern fleet of 28 aircraft.
As part of our overall growing strategy, we are seeking experienced individuals to join and expand our team of passionate and dedicated professionals based in Lagos, Nigeria. In exchange we are offering excellent benefits and career development opportunities.
- The Assistant Manager Business Planning and Analytics is responsible for planning and managing all data analytics to rationalize business performance, thereby enabling management to make objective business decisions.
- This role provides business support for the SVP Commercial and Chief Commercial Officer for financial and analytical support for the annual operating plan, annual revenue budget and periodic forecasts, revenue variance analysis, business case development, reporting, research, data analysis, metric/KPI development and tracking.
- Forecast revenue on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Forecast new route revenue and profitability potential.
- Recommend schedules for new markets based on commercial and competitive data.
- Monitor route performance versus budget and report variances.
- Develop and maintain senior management dashboards.
- Treat all reporting requests.
- Develop company commercial and operational databases to automatically generate reports.
- Manage and communicate relevant competitive and industry actions.
- Analyze, report and recommend adaptation strategies regarding market trends, sales channel performance, commercial results and competitor activity to senior management.
- Conduct price reviews as needed and recommend changes.
- Create presentations for varying audiences.
- Monitor and report political developments that would impact operations.
- Research & write briefs on new destinations.
- Conduct regular and varying quantitative and qualitative business-case analyses to aid Commercial decision-making.
- Actively engage sales teams to provide account performance information and high light areas of opportunity.
- Daily online and operational research assignments to aid in the development of the airline.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be university educated with Bachelor's/Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics with advanced numerical ability.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in the airline industry in a heavily analytical function preferably in Revenue Management, Business/Corporate Planning and Marketing Research.
- Direct project experience with utilizing data management and operational research.
- Must be an advanced Microsoft Excel user (pivot tables, macros, vlookup, hlookup and in database)
- Ability and direct experience working with and formatting large datasets in Microsoft Excel.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be an analytical and logical thinker.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience and ability to thrive in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, flexible, creative, ability to prioritize in stressful environment and handle deadlines
- Working Relationship
- Main working relationship is with Commercial Leadership (SVP Commercial and Chief Commercial Officer).
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478396 to apply for this job .