Mercy Corps an international development organization that helps people around the world survive and thrive during crisis and natural disaster. Mercy Corps seek to engage interested and qualified candidate for the position of MEL Assistant to work with ENGINE project. The MEL Assistant will work with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) unit and provide support for all aspects of monitoring, evaluation, data management and research.
General Position Summary:
- The Procurement Assistant is responsible for facilitating the general aspects of Mercy Corps procurement and logistics operation.
- Working closely with Program, Administration, Finance and Logistics.
- The Procurement Assistant is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist procurement team with daily coordination of MC procurement activities;
- Able to understanding of MC procurement policies and formats.
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR’s as assigned by supervisor - as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Interact with vendors during collection of quotations - explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms.
- Ensure fair competition and strictly adhere to MC procurement rules regarding vendor relations as described below:
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Procurement Officer;
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to MC standards.
- Assists the P&L management and office staff with procurement activities, as required;
- Assists Senior Operations Manager with asset management.
- Identify assets during the course of procurement and notify the Asset Controller on receipts of assets.
- The Procurement Assistant will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Accountable for Mercy Corps Field Procurement Manual, Field Asset Management Manual, Fleet Management and Warehouse Management Policy Guidelines and other in-country policies and procedures in logistics and procurement management as well the MC Code of conduct regarding procurement activities and MC Conflict of Interest policy.
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired
- Minimum of 1-year experience in supply chain management; international business or related field.
- Certification in procurement and supply chain management, an advantage
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Good oral and written English skills.
- Good computer skills on MS Office programs especially in MS excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgement
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Good spoken and written English
Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478144 to apply for this job .