The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role
- Responsible for the overall management, coordination and development of the Risk Education (RE) component of the program with a strong focus on the integration of RE with other programmes of the ICRC and the Nigerian Red Cross
- Advises the Head of the Sub-delegations in north-eastern Nigeria and the delegation team on safe and effective management of all aspects of RE and related tasks in the program activity area
- Conducts training needs assessments in the areas of RE and community and youth mobilization as necessary
- Monitors and evaluates the ongoing performance of RE activities by staff in the field
- Undertakes frequent field visits to ensure effective and efficient progress on key activities
- Ensures effective coordination and collaboration between the RE activities and other mine action agencies and activities and community development initiatives and victim assistance agencies and activities
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Degree (preferably Master of Science) in relevant subject area such as education or social work and/or equivalent (Military or Civil Police service as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Officer could substitute)
- At least 4 years of experience in disarmament operations, management and development, including delivering Mine Risk Education (MRE) and/or training teams in the delivery of MRE
- Familiarity with International Mine Action Standards (IMAS)
- Experience managing and implementing community education projects, preferably peer education and youth development projects
- Experience with youth and delivering non-formal education
- Experience in capacity building, training, and training development
- Previous experience working in a multicultural conflict environment is required.
- Previous experience working in Nigeria and/or knowledge of the north-eastern Nigeria is preferred
- High level of proficiency in English required
- Hausa and/or Kanuri language skills are an advantage
- Females are encouraged to apply
- Excellent and effective communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Able to work collaboratively with key stake holders internally and externally
- Strategic thinker able to bring ideas to implementation in growing program operations
- High emotional intelligence
- Constructive mentoring skills
- Committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is regularly faced with challenges related to weapon contamination (WeC) when working in situations of armed conflict including the immediate post-conflict period. Such weapons can be conventional or a non-conventional and could include unexploded or abandoned ordnances, landmines, toxics or radioactive agents. Weapons contamination is an impediment to both human security and development therefore weapon related risks needs to be managed professionally.
- By building local capacities to conduct RE, the ICRC WeC program will assist the affected regions of Nigeria by reducing the threat of explosive weapons through risk education to locals, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and refugees returning to their homelands.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478097 to apply for this job .