The George is a 61 bedroom, luxury boutique hotel based in the affluent suburb of Ikoyi on Lagos Victoria Island. The George aims to be the premier hotel in all of Lagos and set the benchmark for Nigerian hospitality standards.
Chief Financial Officer
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Income Auditor / Credit Controller maintains all necessary income reports and journals by accurately auditing the daily revenues of the hotel, in accordance with hotel accounting and financial controls, and within the policies and procedures as outlined in, hotel and corporate policies and guidelines, and the hotel’s business plan. Recommend remedial action when and where necessary. Safeguard owner assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control systems.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
AUDIT THE HOTEL’S DAILY REVENUES
- Prepares city ledger payments timely and accurately
- Prepares all necessary daily receipts and prepare daily sales and cover reports
- Performs an audit of the daily night audit ensuring its accuracy and completeness
- Verify daily cash/credit cards payments by guests and ensure it is deposited in bank on daily basis.
- Reconcile cash deposit and credit card deposit with bank statement.
- Prepare journal for cash deposit and credit card deposit.
- Maintains filing systems for the daily information; registration cards, credit cards, restaurant charges, promotional tickets and coupons, zero/cash folios, etc.
- Controls the restaurant guest checks
- Issues outlet guest checks upon request
- Issues and tracks all banquet tickets
- Maintains an adequate inventory of all guest checks
- Follow-up on WHT certificates, deducted by the customers.
- Pass necessary journals and inform the status to FO.
- Completes forecast accuracy report of rooms, guests, and food and beverage outlets
- Assists the Cost Controller in the month end storeroom physical inventory
- Prepares reports as requested to develop a more informative database for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities
- Prepares all appropriate period closing reports and entries
- Provide the Head of Finance with journal vouchers related to income and rebate office system.
LAWS, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
- Follows all applicable laws relating to general accounting practices and tax regulations
- Complies fully with the set financial reporting deadlines and guidelines, as outlined in and by the Financial Controller
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to business operations.
- Reports any suspicious behaviour of employees to the Financial Controller and security
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct
- Social Responsible Business: show involvement and be interested in environmental and/or social issues by participating in Social Business hotel and departmental activities
- Ensures that self is familiar with in-house facilities to assist guests and promote sales
- Informs and updates the Financial Controller on problems and unusual matters
- Attends meetings and training required by the Financial Controller
- Assists colleagues when needed
- Ensures guest satisfaction by performing duties such as attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and promptly
- Accepts flexible working schedule when necessary for the hotel’s uninterrupted service
- To always be updated on: - Hotel facilities and special promotions
- Marketing promotions
- Laws relating to own field of responsibility
- Stays abreast of current and new industry technology relating to function
- Performs required duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner to achieve the overall objective of the position
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with employees and colleagues to
- promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate
- Projects a favorable image of the ....(Hotel) Group to the public
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player
- Be able to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Must be able to write reports
- Must be able to apply mathematical operations
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, relevant account software and other applicable computer systems.
- Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Bachelor Degree
- 5+ years of experience in Income Auditing and Credit Control Opera, Micros and SUN system
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478079 to apply for this job .