The head of sales operations manager support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, pricing, reporting, target setting and management, competitor analysis, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
The Head of Sales Operations & Strategy is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. The Head of Sales and Strategy also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization supported.
· Coordinates sales forecasting, planning and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning effort.
· Coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm
· Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
· Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
· Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement.
· Work closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
· Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
· Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
· Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization.
· Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
· Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams.
· Monitor the assigned sales organization’s compliance required standard for maintaining CRM data.
· Work closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
· Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
· Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
· Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
· Builds a peer support and strong internal- company relationships with other key management personnel.