We are a Big Data Technology startup based in Lagos, Nigeria.
We have a vision to better and simplify the way people find and consume Nigerian-owned digital contents around the world.
We are a small team of young, smart minds daring to do things differently. If you love taking on challenges and creating solutions that better lives of millions of people, we are looking for you.
We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the next generation of mobile applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integrations with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, advanced, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatisation
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/477855 to apply for this job .