Working as part of a project team, will specialize in protecting a company's data and other network assets. Responsibilities will include building firewalls, installing antivirus software on servers and computers within a network, and monitoring networks for breaches in security. Will also provide training to general staff regarding security issues, and may develop policies that govern how employees can access company information using mobile devices. These internal policies will also regulate how employees transmit information using a flash drives or an external online data storage service.
- Responsible for protecting an organization’s data. Build firewalls, install anti-virus software, and monitor an organization’s networks for possible threats and breaches in security;
- Analyze levels of risk and develop appropriate responses including disaster recovery processes;
- Establish system controls by developing framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements;
- Maintain access by providing information, resources, and technical support;
- Ensure authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programming; recommending improvements;
- Establish computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating with facilities security; recommending improvements;
- Safeguard computer files by performing regular backups; developing procedures for source code management and disaster preparedness; recommending improvements;
- Develop security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication;
Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Network Security
- System Administration
- Firewall Administration
- Information Security Policies
- Problem Solving & Process Improvement
- Network Protocols
- Routers, Hubs, and Switches
- CAD design tools
- Project Management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in computer, information science or an associated degree and professional certification with 1-5 years of experience working with networking systems or network security.
- Self motivated achiever, good team spirit and attitude to work;
- Creative thinker with ability to take initiatives;
- Must have a good eye for details;
- Patient, diplomatic, listener with good communication skills; and
- Ability adapt to changing work environment.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/477250 to apply for this job .