Summary of Position
The State Coordinator will work with SFCG's program manager and program teams to ensure that all program activities in the state are implemented efficiently and timely and to high standard. Management of the whole program management cycle. The role also entails effective internal coordination with all program and cross-cutting teams (such as media, design monitoring and evaluation (DM&E), finance and support) to ensure that all program activities are adequately supported by these technical departments as required. Externally, the role ensures effective coordination with all relevant stakeholders that include program participants, security services, state officials, National Human Rights Commission, local and international NGOs, United Nations (UN) agencies and others. The State Coordinator also negotiates access to program participants in all targeted areas and communities in the state. In the absence of the program manager, the State Coordinator represents SFGC in the state.
S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and in close coordination with other team members. The position will be based in Maiduguri and will include frequent travels to communities.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement an effective coordination strategy for the state;
- Stakeholder mapping in the states;
- Coordination and implementation of all SFCG program activities in the state;
- Managing relations will all partners and sub-grantees in the state;
- Develop and nurture relations with state, security, NGO, UN and other stakeholders in the state;
- Analyze the context in targeted communities and the state on a daily basis and provide inputs for regular context update;
- Mobilize program participants, the media and stakeholders for events and program activities
- Supporting the DM&E and media and communications units;
- Represent SFCG at state coordination and humanitarian coordination meetings.
- Maintain updated stakeholder contact lists for the state and targeted communities (these must be updated on a monthly basis);
- Supporting the program manager in writing and producing reports that include but not limited to context updates, monthly reports, quarterly reports, success stories, and case studies;
- Ensure efficiency and transparency in the use of program resources in the state;
- Supervise other staff in the state, which may include program assistants;
- Support assessments, evaluations and monitoring activities in the state;
- Contribute to new business development;
- Advise the program manager and senior management on needs for program implementation strategy in line with evolving context; and
- Any other legitimate duties assigned by the line manager.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, arts, development studies or related field;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in project cycle management, coordinating project activities, outreach, and/or advocacy;
- Experience with project design, planning and management tools that include but not limited to log frames, Gantt charts, monitoring and evaluation plans, stakeholder’s analysis matrices, and budgets;
- Substantial experience working with government officials, NGOs and communities;
- Experience writing reports and project proposals;
- Understanding of the social, political and economic context of the state and how it impacts on conflict drivers and conflict in the state and targeted communities;
- Basics financial management skills;
- Hausa and Kanuri language skills a must;
- Knowledge of other languages spoken in the state will be an advantage;
- Strong command of English language, with excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal communication skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476835 to apply for this job .