Region: Oshodi, Abule Egba, Agege, Iyana Ipaja, Aboru, Command, Ijaye, Agbado, Fagba, Iju, College Road
Accountant Job Responsibilities:
Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
Accountant Job Duties:
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Education and Work Experience
- HND/BSc in Accounting.
- Professional certification will be an added advantage
- 3-4 years experience in accounting or a finance-related function of which at least one (1) must have been at a managerial level.
- Good experience in strategic financial planning, analysis and management.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, Including in-depth understanding of Finance best practices, international as well as Nigerian accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and well developed problem solving skill.
- Superior leadership and people management skills, including the ability to manage teams effectively.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence others
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476696 to apply for this job .