For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization Solidarités International has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter
- The Program Manager Assistant is in charge of supporting the Program Manager towards the good implementation, achievement, and reporting of the objectives defined in the proposals.
- He/she guarantees the proper coordination mechanisms are in place inside the operational teams (water supply, water quality, sanitation, public health, food security & livelihood, and AME departments), in Borno State, and in cooperation with the Program Manager.
- Project relevance, quality and design
- Contribute to establishing operational assessments & evaluations activities;
- Contribute to define Solidarités International’s local strategy ;
- Responsible to propose and guarantee quality approach mechanisms are in place ;
- Support the writing of technical annexes and chapters (including the logical framework) for the proposals ;
- Participate in building the teams’ abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies.
- Implementation and operational monitoring
- Support the project Team Leaders in planning their operational activities;
- Meet the deadlines and adhere to predefined quality specifications;
- Support the Program Manager in ensuring the project management, monitoring, and evaluation tools are in place in each operational department;
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the activity depending on contextual and indicator developments;.
- Institutional Knowledge Building - IKB
- Use the IKB tools proposed by Solidarités International;
- Participate in the centralization, validation, and distribution of procedures, guidelines and tools linked to the AME activities;
- Ensure that project files are complete, regularly updated, and saved on the mission external hard drive.
- Personnel management
- In charge of managing the Wash, Cash and Food Security teams in Borno State;
- Greet and brief the new staff working on the program;
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, set up technical trainings depending on operational needs and identified training requirements;
- Evaluate and assess the performance of colleagues under his / her direct supervision on a regular basis.
- Reporting / communication / representation
- Pass upward to the Program Manager / Coordination team any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact Solidarités International activities and the safety of the teams;
- Support the drafting of activity reports & amendments (including any annexes relating to specific activities) for the financial donors, local authorities, and for internal purposes (weekly & monthly reports) by compiling all the operational data before sending them to the Program Manager.
- Training: BSc in project management, management, Water and sanitation, food security, or any related field.
- Languages: English, Hausa.
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very well organized, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476481 to apply for this job .