The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide.
- We are seeking to fill External Partnerships Officer post at the NOB level, based in WFP Country Office Abuja, Nigeria. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Country Director, the External Partnerships Officer will support effective management of relationships and collaboration with external partners ensuring a flow of relevant information between WFP and partners, and support opportunities for synergies that maximize results.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Contribute to the implementation of the work plan for assigned area, to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of results, in accordance with WFP and Corporate Partnership strategy.
- Maintain effective relationships with member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners, in order to keep them informed on important, strategic operational WFP issues.
- Attend meetings with the UN and other multilateral bodies, NGOs, member states, taking notes, sharing information, and supporting joint information programmes to increase WFP’s profile, and protect its interests.
- Contribute ideas for opportunities to develop new and existing synergies with other UN agencies to senior external partnership officers in order to support more effective and efficient approach to food assistance.
- Provide information to member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners on the strategy, design, relevance and impact of programmes, to advocate the work of WFP.
- Collate and share relevant discussion and feedback on programme activities and issues of priority to WFP, gathered from member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners, to engage them with inter-governmental/inter-agency discussion and inform future activities.
- Gather inputs from WFP that will contribute to inter-governmental/inter-agency work, to ensure that WFP positions are properly explained and taken into account in decision making
- Maintain awareness of current activities, political and social events of UN and other multilateral bodies/governments, conduct analysis to understand how they may impact WFP activities and programmes and provide timely information to WFP staff for decision-making.
- Contribute to the preparation proposals and sales presentations in order to effectively “sell and market” WFP to private sector prospects.
- Conduct prospect research; identify, analyse and provide data to others to support them in identifying private sector entities that can help achieve WFP’s strategic objectives.
- Contribute data and ideas to the development of new strategies to better secure and steward private sector donors by channel (individuals, corporate, foundation, NGO).
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required
Advanced university Degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, Journalism, International Relations, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience is required in the following:
- Has contributed to the implementation of the work plan for assigned area.
- Has maintained effective relationships with member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners.
- Has implemented the resource mobilisation work plan by delivering specific activities as defined.
- Has demonstrated the ability to provide suggestions for improvements to Private Partnerships management governance operating standards.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
Fluency (level C) in English language is required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476468 to apply for this job .