DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinates with administrators and research project leaders on work plans and programs and makes recommendations for improvements, land preparation, fertilizing, planting crops, cultivation, and harvesting of experimental feed plots.
Determines soil use and rotation of crops.
- Inspects dairy, garden, poultry, orchard, and other units; confers with and advises project leaders on problems; requisitions equipment and materials; approves work schedules.
- Plans and supervises the planting, cultivating, harvesting and storing of field and garden crops on large and complex institutional farms.
- Supervises all operations of one of the larger and more complex institutional farms.
- Makes reports on time, equipment, materials, and production; keeps records and prepares estimates of needs.
- Directs the repair and maintenance of farm buildings and equipment.
- Performs related work as required.
BSC or MSC in Agricultural Science, Animal Science or any Agricultural related
- 2-5 years experience in Poultry management
- Extensive responsible experience in general farm work involving farm planning, methods, and production; and experience in supervisory farm work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of practical farm management as related to institutional needs and purposes.
- Thorough knowledge of soils, crops, animal husbandry, and of farm building and equipment care and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of farm equipment and materials and ability to manage the use of materials and equipment efficiently and economically.
- Considerable knowledge of plant and animal diseases and insect pests and of modern methods of their prevention, eradication, and cure.
- Ability to plan and direct large scale diversified farm activities, to supervise large groups of farm workers in farm activities and to direct skilled and unskilled employees in varied farm operations.
- Ability to keep records of time, production and costs, and to make reports and recommendations for improvement in methods and equipment.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476219 to apply for this job .