Purpose of this Position
The specific purpose of this position is the provision of accounting information from accounting records for timely management d decision making. Involves basic book-keeping, handling cash and bank records, preparing management accounts periodically, ensuring that accounting controls and processes are enforced, ensuring all statutory payments (i.e. PAYE, With-holding Tax, VAT etc.) are made as and when due and providing necessary administrative support as may be required. The accountant will be working under a more senior accountant with more responsibility and authority within the firm.
- Management of petty cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and ensuring debtors pay on time.
- Reconciliation of direct debits and finance accounts.
- Ensuring all payments amounts and records are accurate.
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Working with journals, sales and purchase ledgers and spreadsheets.
- Basic book-keeping and filing
- Assisting with internal audits
- Planning and budget control
- Preparation of financial reports
- The role is part of the internal operations team.
- The role liaises with clients, technical specialists, sales, finance and other stakeholders as required.
- The position carries a degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation. The role is required to analyse and make sound recommendations to the Customer Relationship Manager
- Contribute to process improvement through innovative and cost effective proposals/ideas/suggestions.
Education and experience required.
- A First degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of 2-3 years relevant work experience preferably within an integrated Communications and ICT company.
- A minimum 2-3 years’ experience working with accounting software and Microsoft Excel
Key Competencies and Skills
- Good Communicator: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal Skills: Good Relationship and listening skills.
- Attention to detail: - flawless accuracy when calculating your figures.
- A willingness to learn: - this role provides an excellent starting point for anyone looking to enjoy a successful career in the world of finance but only if they are interested in learning.
- Organisational skills: - ability to organise your work properly – prioritizing as you go along.
- Discretion: as the role involves handling of financials, a great deal of discretion and trustworthiness/integrity is a sine qua non.
- Interpersonal skills: - high on the agenda is the ability to work well with others and communicate well as the role entails working with other stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic and Inquisitive
- Goal driven
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475744 to apply for this job .