Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Monitor maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards.
- Ensure the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager supervision.
- Carrying out daily visits to the facilities, reporting any anomalies or problems to the line manager.
- Evaluating rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work in accordance with instructions given by his supervisor, and accounting to him/her on progress
- Checking that premises observe security norms (fire extinguishers present, electrical installations earthed, etc.).
- Monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinate and lead the logistics team under his/her responsibility, in particular:
- Defining each person’s tasks, supervising them on a daily basis and checking the quality of their work (punctuality, rigour, quality, etc.).
- Drawing up working schedules for logistics teams for each department or facility.
- Organizing and leading meetings of the team under his supervision.
- Attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
- Collect logistics orders coming from health facilities,
- Draw up and follow up orders according to the procedures in force.
- Provide technical support to the specialized technician, watchman
- Ensure reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of material before its shipment.
- Manage and follow up orders, namely
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Essential secondary education and formal technical training
- MSF experience desirable or at least one years’ experience in a similar post out of MSF
- English spoken and written and local language desirable
- Good knowledge of Maiduguri
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Ability to react quick and manage stress to stay calm in all situations
- Reliability, service-oriented, respect of confidentiality and capacity to work in a team
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475738 to apply for this job .