Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Perform maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles to ensure they are in perfect condition for their use, in particular:
- Ensure vehicles services are done on time. Do all types of services to all vehicles (mini A, medium B and full C, and special services referred in logbook when possible).
- Test all vehicles after each service is concluded and before it is handed back to its driver.
- Perform maintenance according to the instructions in the logbook.
- Keep record of vehicle’s driver remarks, and carry out repairs if needed.
- In the case of a breakdown, make a diagnosis, inform to the line manager and after approval carry out any repairs needed.
- Carry out repair works of other mechanical equipment.
- Fill in service, repair or vehicle log book.
- Together with the Supply Supervisor manage the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out a physical stock inventory, making any orders necessary for renewing the stock, avoiding any shortage and ensuring security stocks.
- Be responsible of the equipment and tools, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary, keeping the inventory updated. Support the evaluation of external workshops for eventual sub-contracting as well as light and heavy vehicle renting.
- Follow up the validity of all documents (annual inspections, insurance or any other required documents) and report the line manager if any document is missing or needs to be soon renewed.
- Report to the line manager any problem related to MSF
- Assist in briefing or training of drivers regarding vehicle services and maintenance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Essential diploma on mechanics or related studies
- MSF experience desirable or at least one years’ experience in a similar post out of MSF
- English spoken and written and local language desirable
- Good knowledge of Maiduguri
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Ability to react quickly and manage stress to stay calm in all situations
- Reliability, service-oriented, respect of confidentiality and capacity to work in a team
- Essential driving license for vehicles
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475723 to apply for this job .