Competent individuals are urgently needed in Zaraada Nigeria a newly established first class restaurant/bar situated in DBS Road Asaba, Delta State which will commence operation in the month of July, 2016.
- The restaurant cashier’s job description covers interacting with customers and accepting payment from them for products and services provided.
- An essential position in any restaurant will involve the person handling money. Such personnel are referred to as restaurant cashiers. They can also be regarded as the waiter/waitress, the floor manager, or host of the restaurant.
- The shift or restaurant manager usually reviews the contents of the drawer at the start and end of the cashier’s working period to ensure accuracy in calculations.
- The restaurant cashier in this context may be responsible for calculations involving a lot of cash, and in separating checks. Having basic experience working with check authentication appliances and credit card machines will be a valuable quality for the cashier.
- Customers mostly have the opportunity to speak with only the cashier during the whole period of their stay at the restaurant. He/she is therefore obligated to welcome customers with a warm smile.
- Payments are immediately entered into the payment system and collected by the cashier at the completion of the meal.
- A productive restaurant cashier is able to switch roles quickly between performing major restaurant tasks and attending to the needs of customers.
- He/she serves each visitor respectfully, swiftly and effectively with an honest, positive, friendly, and exuberant attitude.
- His/her responsibilities also include filing orders, receiving money, and carrying out suggestive selling while managing all cash issued and received during his/her shift.
- He/she may need to perform smaller tasks to assist other personnel in quickly rounding up and closing the restaurant for the night.
- These duties are usually done while the supervisor or manager reviews the cashier register.
- Tasks scheduled for closing period may include clearing of trash, cleaning the front station, and restocking, among other duties.
- Excellent mathematical, multitasking, and computer skills
- Proficiency in using computers, calculator, and other machines required for transactions
- Outstanding customer relation skills and ability to ensure a customer priority culture
- Ability to work with flexibility in a continuous schedule of day, nights, holidays, and weekends
- Qualified and experienced candidates for this job should send their Cover letter and CV to the Consultant. Important: Applicants must live within easy commute to the Asaba- DBS environs and must be prepared to work Monday – Saturday.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475439 to apply for this job .