As a Receptionist you will be the first point of contact for a new visitor, a new parent, guests and dignitaries, board members, existing parent or an outsider – be it a government official, vendor, competitor or someone who comes to collect our secret information or a surveyor. Your role is crucial as it requires tact, varied and variable response from being gentle to the point of being firm.
- You have to use your tact, grace, gratitude and assertiveness. You should appear pleasant, have high level of emotional intelligence, diligence and diplomacy – very sweet in manners but have the ability to say ‘’NO” without disrespect beside knowing how to carry one-self.
- You will be:” the first face of the school “and should always be aware that the first impression is very important and have far reaching impact. Your speed of response matters a lot. A lot would depend upon your grace, how to dress-up and being ‘’ Street-smart”.
- You should be able to distinguish which information are to be shared and to safeguard giving out confidential information which will make our school vulnerable.
- Confidential information cannot be disclosed.
- You need to answer several telephone calls and inform concerned authority of the school, distribute school forms, newsletters and other school publication, invitation letters for school events.
- Keep a database of email and telephone numbers of parents, students, staff, suppliers, hospitals, hotels, caterers, police, security, airlines numbers, external service agents etc.
- Fix up appointment for outsiders, who seeks an appointment with Principal or Vice-Principal.
- Greet all incoming guests, visitors and members, help them with directions or any appropriate information that they need while maintaining high level of company confidentiality.
- You will be professionally answering phone calls in a polite tone and re-directing calls to respective departments.
- Also as the receptionist, you will perform various front desk duties including filing, handling and re-directing mail, etc., assuming administrative authority for your responsibilities.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475154 to apply for this job .