This job listing has expired! Click here to view the latest Education jobs in Nigeria
Protects assets by planning and completing financial audits; identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls; recommending improvements.
Financial Auditor Job Duties:
· Plans financial audits by understanding organisation objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
· Assesses compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analysing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
· Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
· Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing and analysing items and collateral to documentation.
· Completes audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
· Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports.
· Improves protection by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes; identifying root causes.
· Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
· Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarising data and trends.
· Protects organisation's reputation by keeping information confidential.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
· Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organisation; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Self motivation, determination and confidence
Attention to details
Excellent problem-solving skills
Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
Ability to work with own initiative and as part of a team
Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
Good presentation and report writing skills
Minimum of First Degree.