Hilton Worldwide (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxury and full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and focused-service hotels. For 95 years, Hilton Worldwide has been dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences. The company's portfolio of twelve world-class global brands is comprised of more than 4,250 managed, franchised, owned and leased hotels and timeshare properties, with more than 700,000 rooms in 93 countries and territories, including Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts, Conrad Hotels and Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Canopy by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations.
- A Director of Operations is responsible for the effective operational management of the hotel so Heads of Department achieve and exceed their revenue and Guest satisfaction targets.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
- Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
- Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
- At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
- As Director of Operations, you will be responsible for the effective operational management of the hotel so Heads of Department achieve and exceed their revenue and Guest satisfaction targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Work in conjunction with the General Manager actively manage key property issues (including capital projects; customer service; refurbishment)
- Assist the development of meaningful, achievable hotel budgets and other short and long term hotel strategic goals
- Provide effective leadership to the hotel management team and team members to ensure targets are met and exceeded
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved
- Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all operational departments in order to meet and exceed guest expectations
- Comply and exceed hotel and company Service Standards
- Ensure that costs are controlled throughout the operational departments and results are analysed regularly to highlight problem areas and take appropriate action
- Manage and develop the Heads of Department to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
- Seek and respond to Guest feedback in order to achieve positive outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Hold regular briefings and communication meetings with the HOD team
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Participate in corporate activities and meetings as requested.
- Assist in the administration of succession planning.
- Participate and maintain active community relations.
- Attend industry meetings and participates in industry organizations
- A Director of Operations serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with experience in Food and Beverage or Rooms Management
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results
- In-depth knowledge of the hotel / leisure / service sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of perform and exceed targets
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Previous experience in the same or similar role
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/474456 to apply for this job .