Afmrecruit is recruiting for an experienced accountant with at least 5-10 years experience for one of our prestigious clients in the Oil industry.
The role of the Management Accountant is to perform a series of tasks to ensure their company's financial security, handling essentially all financial matters and thus helping to drive the business's overall management and strategy. The role will vary depending on the management structure, but responsibilities typically include:
· Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries;
· Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions;
· Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget;
· Informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies;
· Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions;
· Analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts;
· Negotiating on major projects, loans and grants;
· Offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance;
· Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers;
· Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context;
· Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed;
· Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
· Work under a senior accountant or manager
· Do tasks involving receivables and payroll, financial statements and compliance audits
· Help in the budget department
· Prepare reports for the Finance department.
· Complete and review tax returns
· Assess internal controls
Qualifications and Requirements: