Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm based in Washington. D.C seeks qualified candidate for a Five-year Agricultural Value-Chain Development Project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
We are recruiting to fill this position
- Chemonics seeks a finance and operations director to join USAID's anticipated Nigeria Power Sector Program.
- The finance and operations director will work closely with the chief of party and Chemonics' home office to oversee local finances and budgeting and ensure the project complies with all administrative and financial reporting requirements.
- They will also be responsible for all aspects of field operations management, including property management, personnel, procurement, record-keeping, and travel and logistics.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee financial management and accounting administration
- Supervise operations activities
- Draft financial guidelines and policies, as well as monthly reports
- Manage field staff, including the monitoring and evaluation manager, communications manager, grants manager, and finance manager
- Coordinate logistics for travel, property management, and other ad hoc needs
- Liaise with local banks and financial officials
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience supervising project operations, including human resources, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting and finance
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage large budgets, with an in-depth knowledge of the U.S. government's (particularly USAID's) cost accounting standards
- Experience setting up accounting and finance functions for large USAID projects strongly preferred
- Experience managing locally hired personnel
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communications skills
- Demonstrated supervisory, collaboration, and team-building skills
- Previous work experience in sub-Saharan Africa and knowledge of Nigeria's operating environment, including registration, taxes, and labor law, preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken English
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/474263 to apply for this job .