Pact, which is an independent International non-profit Organization headquartered in Washington, DC, USA. Pact's vision is a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership over their future. Its mission is to enable systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development."
- The Project Director will work in coordination with Pact staff to establish working relationships with state MOH, state Ministry of Local government as well as Primary Health care development agencies, select LGAs and local health organizations.
- The Director will ensure that project activities proceeds in a timely and successful manner.
- Ensure good financial management and compliance of all aspects of the project. Monitor security, carry out regular risk analyses and mitigate identified risks.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Director will work closely with the Country Director and other senior level program staff to carry out duties and responsibilities
Coordination and Collaboration:
- Serve as key representative to the donor; responsible for all communications and responses to donor requests, etc.
- Ensure strong cooperation and collaboration with other partners, stakeholders, the state government and LGA.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other MNCH partners in Nigeria and Pact’s Africa regional staff.
- Collaborate with Pact Nigeria program and partners
Program management and oversight:
- Provide and/or leverage technical assistance to livelihood program implementation across the continuum of system strengthening services, and at the policy level
- Develop annual work plans, program monitoring plans (PMPs), and country operational plans (COP) for submission to and approval by donor
- Coordinate and as needed conduct monitoring visits to grantee programs
- Develop systematized TA and monitoring processes and tools
- Oversight of program and financial planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Represent Pact Nigeria as requested in negotiating with donors and partners
- Recruitment, supervision, guidance and support of staff for the Pact Nigeria program
- Submit timely progress and financial reports to donor and Pact headquarters.
Organizational and technical development and capacity building for grantees:
- Developing and implementing an organizational strengthening component that increases grantee capacities to monitor, evaluate, deliver and report on services, and that will support their sustainability.
- Identifying and ensuring that program responds to grantee technical assistance needs.
- Ensure high quality program delivery and the cost-effective use of Pact Nigeria resources
- Administering Request for Proposals (RFAs) and other grant mechanisms supporting MNCH program: This includes assuming leadership and management of the RFA process which encompasses soliciting, reviewing, selecting and managing new partners; and ensuring proper monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of grantee results.
- The grant management program will operate under the leadership of a program technical review committee convened by the Project Director.
- Masters degree in Public Health, Development Studies, International Development or other closely related field.
- Demonstrated experience as a senior manager (a minimum of 10 years) of multi donor funded grants programs is required
- 10 or more years of work experience with NGOs in all or most of the fields of MNCH, system strengthening and livelihoods.
- Experience should include that on development of strategies, guidelines and approaches; market assessments, conducting surveys; facilitating training, field program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in the mining sector and with NGOs.
- Extensive knowledge of and management experience in livelihood programming (design, development, implementation, evaluation).
- Prior experience in Nigeria preferred.
- Fluency in English required, and a local Nigerian language preferred.
- Knowledge of all aspects of community-based programming with a special focus on livelihood in Nigeria.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal communications skills including listening, mediating, negotiating and collaborative problem solving; strong leadership skills
- Proven skills in building organizational capacity and grants management.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills that demonstrate ability to collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders and complex priorities.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Strong and proven analytical, writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel within Nigeria
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/473864 to apply for this job .