Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) - We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill this position
- Within the Research Division, the Petroleum Studies Department provides pertinent and reliable information and analyses in support of decision-making and policy-making in Member Countries.
- It carries out, on a continuous basis, research programmes and studies on short-term petroleum market developments with the aim of issuing reports on a regular (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly and bi-monthly) as well as ad hoc basis highlighting important issues for their use and consideration.
- It also conducts regular forecasts, elaborates and analyses oil market scenarios and prepares and publishes reports on these findings.
- The Department promotes OPEC views and technical analysis on short-term oil market developments to the industry at large and general public via the OPEC Monthly Oil Market Report (especially the feature article) as well as other reports, presentations and related pod casts.
- It prepares and contributes to reports to be submitted to the Economic Commission Board, the Board of Governors and the Conference as well as papers for various OPEC publications.
Objective of Position:
- The Refinery & Products Analyst studies and analyses refining operations and the product market as well as short-term developments in the product market.
- He/she studies capacity expansion in the oil refining industry and other related industries for the supply of petroleum products and prepares periodic reports for meetings of OPEC organs.
- Studies and analyses short-term developments in the supply, demand and stocks of petroleum products; examines and analyses refining margins on the basis of market fundamentals, refinery operation levels costs and the impact on the oil market;
- Analyses the refining industry worldwide and monitors and assesses its short- to medium-term developments in terms of distillation and various conversion capacities, regional configuration schemes and favorable refinery operational modes according to seasonal demand patterns;
- Examines price links between products in the main markets, i.e. the level of arbitrage trading;
- Examines the effect of stricter product specifications in the medium term in major consuming countries on refined product supply and hence product price trends;
- Monitors and analyses short-term, worldwide developments in the petrochemical and utility sectors;
- Monitors and analyses substitution for petroleum products;
- Monitors and analyses supply of petroleum products from other sources than crude oil such as GTL, NGL and condensate and non-conventional crude;
- Consolidates findings of the above analyses and prepares and issues reports thereon.
- University degree in Chemical Engineering or related Engineering with specialization in energy economy;
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Work Experience:
- University degree: 8 years
- Advanced university degree: 6 years
- Training Specializations:
- Analysis of international developments with emphasis on crude and product fundamentals
- Energy modelling
- Basic knowledge of product markets
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/473724 to apply for this job .