Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) - We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill this position
- Within the Research Division, the Energy Studies Department monitors, analyses and forecasts world energy developments in the medium and long term and reports thereon, in particular;
- Provides in-depth studies and reports on medium to long term energy issues; monitors developments and undertakes specific studies on energy demand and production-related technology and assesses implications for OPEC;
- Identifies and follows up key areas of energy-related emerging technologies and research and development (R&D) and facilitates and supports coordinated planning and implementation of collaborative energy related R&D programmes of OPEC Member Countries; identifies prospects for OPEC participation in major international R&D activities;
- Carries out studies and reports on medium to long term developments in the petroleum industry;
- Provides effective tools for and carries out model based studies for analyses and projections of medium and long term energy supply/demand and downstream simulation;
- Elaborates OPEC Long Term Strategy and monitors, analyses and reports on relevant national or regional policies, such as fiscal, energy, trade and environmental, and assesses their impacts on energy markets.
Objective of Position:
- The Head of Energy Studies Department is to plan, organise, coordinate, manage and evaluate the work of the Energy Studies Department in accordance with the work programmes and budget of the Department so as to optimize its support to the Secretariat in achieving its overall objectives.
- The work covers studies and analyses of medium to long-term world energy developments and prospects, in particular, the preparation of OPEC’s world oil outlook, studies and analyses concerning world energy supply and demand, upstream to downstream oil industry, technology, alternative energy sources, institutional and fiscal petroleum regimes, as well as energy policies in producing and consuming countries.
- It also covers studies and analyses of related international issues, in particular in the areas of trade, sustainable development and climate change.
- Plans, organises, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work in the Energy Studies Department covering:
- World energy developments in the medium to long-term;
- Oil supply and demand in the medium and long-term;
- Upstream to downstream industry developments;
- Impact of energy policies and environmental regulations on world oil markets;
- Energy-related technologies including alternative sources of energy;
- Impacts of technology developments on the petroleum industry;
- Impact assessment of developments in international issues, such as sustainable development, trade and climate change.
- Ensures adequate development, simulation and modelling capabilities of the Department;
- Ensures full responses to requests by the Conference, BOG, ECB and standing committees for studies and special reports relevant to the work program of the Department;
- Arranges presentations at relevant OPEC meetings and international forums representing the Secretariat as required;
- Develops and maintains networks with external experts and institutions in fields relating to the work of the Department;
- Keeps the Director of Research Division fully informed on all aspects of the work of the Department, and draws his attention to important analyses performed by it.
- Evaluates the performance of the staff of the Department, and recommends to the Director of Research Division, staff development, salary increase, promotion and separations as appropriate;
- Ensures that the staff of the Department receive the supervision and guidance necessary to broaden and deepen their skills and continuously improve their performance;
- Prepares the annual budget for the Department.
- Advanced University degree in Economics and/or Engineering
- PhD preferred
- Work Experience:
- Advanced university degree: 12 years in the oil industry with a minimum of 4 years in a managerial position, preferably at large national, regional, or international institutions
- PhD: 10 years
- Training Specializations:
- Energy Studies
- International energy related matters
- Professional Management and Leadership
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Strategic orientation
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Negotiation skills
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/473723 to apply for this job .