Face2face Africa, a pan-African online media platform, is seeking an experienced Editor with web experience to oversee the creation, programming, and publishing of content on our website.
He or she will be responsible for managing the editorial team based on Face2face Africa’s editorial vision, and working closely with the business development team to consult on long-term and short-term online content strategies and editorial content.
He or she will be a key contributor to the identification of unmet site-wide needs by suggesting navigation and content improvements and initiating and contributing to strategic solutions. He or she will lead teams to deliver content roadmap and calendar for the websites.
• Leads web content strategy to attain business goals and grow our competitive advantage.
• Develop growth strategy; identify content opportunities, and execute strategy.
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and success of content, measuring actual results against desired outcomes.
• Develop governance guidelines for ensuring consistent, useful, and relevant creation, maintenance, and expiration of content
• Lead project teams and influence stakeholders to optimize digital content.
• Responsible for hearing the voice of the customer: take into account all of the various input and transform it into an optimal content plan.
• Develop and execute global web content management (WCM) roadmap
• Assess, review and approve digital content
Education: BA/BS in English , Journalism or related field required, Masters Preferred.
• At least 2-4 years experience managing editorial teams
• At least 5-7 years in a web content editor or User Experience role
• Proven ability to lead and champion content and usability in components of complex technology solutions
• Works effectively within a cross disciplinary team
• Strong knowledge of the latest technological advancements content management
• Proven ability to influence and build strategic working relationships with senior clients, peers and vendors regardless of seniority or organizational boundaries
• Proven ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language and vice versa
• Strategic and technical with a process and service oriented approach
• Strong relationship builder and communicator
All applicants please submit a resume, cover letter, and some writing samples.
This position is home-based!