This job listing has expired! Click here to view the latest Power/Energy jobs in Nigeria
WDCL is Nigeria’s undisputed market leader for industrial products and services.
This includes Power Transmission, Bearings, Gearboxes, Motors, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Conveyor Belting, Conveyor Spares, Pumps, Pump Spares, Valves, Electrical & Electronic products, Process & Instrumentation, Steel Wire Ropes & Slings, and Power Transformers.
We are looking for a seasoned, hardworking, smart and over achieving Sales Engineer with proven experience and a passion for selling solutions to organisations. You will be responsible for selling into new prospects as well as farming back into existing customers to ensure high renewal and customer satisfaction levels. Measures of success include new customer acquisition rates, renewal rates, up-selling, cross-selling, customer satisfaction and contribution to overall sales team and business success.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for creating sales templates such as Introductory Letters, Company Profiles, etc.
· Justify, prepare and present realistic annual sales plans and budgets.
· Monitor the team’s activities and ensure they are in line with the laid down job descriptions.
· Drive team to achieve KPIs. (Key Performance Indicators) through reviewing their internal and external activities such as:
· Screening their prospect lists,
· Assessing the number of proposals being pushed out,
· Liaising with the sales support team to get client feedback
· Analyze, prepare and submit weekly unit reports.
· Generate new business with assigned clients and targets in line with the sales plan
· Identifying new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximizing customer potential in designated regions through prospecting and cold calling at a high level.
· Develop a list of prospects in both the public & private sector across target markets.
· Prepare proposals on company products/service offering.
· Develop and manage long-term customer relationships via written and verbal communication channels.
· Explore synergies and solutions for working with national and global partners as well as affiliates
· Updating sales transactions using the CRM funnel.
· Negotiating and close sales in line with set company terms and conditions
· Preparing weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
· Recording and maintaining client contact data
· Coordinating sales projects as and when applicable
· Support the marketing unit by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
· Consistently liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts.
· Provide feedback to management regarding customer requirements
· Carry out any other task that may be assigned to team by Management.
· A sales-focused and target driven individual with a minimum of 3 years B2B and B2C marketing experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Highly creative and innovative, results driven and highly focused on Return On Investments (ROI)
· Good relationship building skills
· Exceptional planning and organisational skills
· Solid understanding of business development principles
· Multitasking ability
· Able to work extended hours when required
· Must be able to work under pressure and within environment of change, maintaining consistent quality
· Good dress sense and presentation
· Ability to close deals
Education & Experience
· M.SC or B.SC in Engineering or related field.
· Minimum of 5 years' experience in the field of which 2 years should be a managerial position will be of added advantage.