About Shixels Studios Ltd.
Shixels is a one-stop shop for all your creative and online needs. We are a design + development studio. We specialize in helping businesses establish or improve their web presence with beautifully designed websites and apps that work! Our client projects typically average no more than 3-4 months in length, so you will often get to take on new challenges. Plus we have plenty of in-house Apps & projects to work on.
Why it’s Cool
- You'll get to work in a collaborative team of designers and developers who really believe in code quality and who have test driven approach to development
- The team is just coming together and as such you will be getting in at the start and can help shape the technical approach for future apps that Shixels has to offer
- Everyone is passionate about what they do and about doing a great job.
- You may start off with an entry level salary, but we have salary reviews every 6 months, bonuses, and plenty opprotunities to earn extra cash (ask about Shixels Academy)
What you’ll get
- Apple Mac Mini workstation & access to test devices
- Cool Work Environment with TV (Yes, there's cable!)
- PS3 (Sometimes you have to take a FIFA break to reofocus your brain
- A fridge stocked with RedBull and snacks to keep you fed!
- You'll get access to free courses from Shixels Academy
- You'll have opportunity to travel abroad for Shixels Conference & other Conferences
- You'll have opportunity for career advancement, quick raises, and lots of perks
- And everything to help you do your job!
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in mobile app development to join our UI Engineering team. You will become one of a hand-picked group of highly skilled and creative engineers dedicated to delivering great new user experiences with outstanding levels of robustness and attention to detail, and committed to bringing those experiences to millions of users through a growing range of products and platforms.
Skills & Requirements
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Solid experience developing commercial Android apps
- Expert understanding of C and Objective-C or Java
- Knowledge of Cocoa & UIKit frameworks or Android SDK & Android design patterns
- Multi-threaded application development & experience with Android dev tools
- Knowledge of software design patterns & best practices in software development
- Experience of continuous delivery practices such as CI & automated testing
- Knowledge of common web and application architectures & development methodologies including Agile (Scrum).
- Experience with distributed version control systems eg. GIT
- Strong analytical aptitude & Strong eye for detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Hands-on and nothing-is-impossible attitude & Real team player
- Readiness to rapidly learn and utilize new technologies in a competitive and rapidly changing business
- Readiness to work hard, play hard, and write the best code of your life
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are necessary for cross-team collaboration.
Please provide examples of past development work or sample applications that demonstrate your development skills and be prepared for a small take-home project. If you have a GitHub account or similar, definitely include that with your application.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/434084 to apply for this job .