About Shixels Studios Ltd.
Shixels is a one-stop shop for all your creative and online needs. We are a design + development studio. We specialize in helping businesses establish or improve their web presence with beautifully designed websites and apps that work! Our client projects typically average no more than 3-4 months in length, so you will often get to take on new challenges. Plus we have plenty of in-house Apps & projects to work on.
Why it’s Cool
• You'll get to work in a collaborative team of designers and developers who really
believe in code quality and who have test driven approach to development
• The team is just coming together and as such you will be getting in at the start and can help shape the technical approach for future apps that Shixels has to offer
• Everyone is passionate about what they do and about doing a great job.
• You may start off with an entry level salary, but we have salary reviews every 6 months, bonuses, and plenty opprotunities to earn extra cash (ask about Shixels Academy)
What you’ll get
• Apple Mac Mini workstation
• Cool Work Environment with TV (Yes, there's cable!)
• PS3 (Sometimes you have to take a FIFA break to reofocus your brain
• A fridge stocked with RedBull and snacks to keep you fed!
• You'll get access to free courses from Shixels Academy
• You'll have opportunity to travel abroad for Shixels Conference & other Conferences
• You'll have opportunity for career advancement, quick raises, and lots of perks
• And everything to help you do your job!
The Jr. Marketing Associate serves as a strategic expert in social media planning, execution, tracking, and measurement. The position requires a deep understanding of established and emerging social media channels (especially Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) and their application in the Beauty & Fashion industry. The Social Media Strategist will be both a tactical and hands-on player driving all aspects of the social media strategy.
What you'll be doing
· Network and form relationships with reporters, editors, producers, bloggers and other social influencers in order to secure quality coverage for clients.
· Audit existing media landscape and prospect/competitor share of voice.
· Pitch and manage media opportunities in tandem with AEs and ACs.
· Media train and prep clients for interviews.
· Manage and support the development of media relations skills in junior staff
· Write press releases, media kit materials, executive bios, bylines and case studies
· Develop PR strategies, plans and campaign timelines, with a focus on the media components of proposed strategies and tactics.
· Create thought leadership, email, content tradeshow and awards strategies
· Support marketing and business development opportunities for the agency
· Draft marketing materials, blogs, award submission and case studies for the agency
· In charge of all Shixles website(s) updates.
· Design and execute social media strategies for B2B and B2C clients, and integrate them into client PR programs
· Create and execute social media ad campaigns on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
· Provide recommendations and counsel to clients on the appropriate application of social media tools and strategies
· Manages, develops content, and monitors Shixels social networking sites including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Wechat, Pinterest, Tumblr, Snapchat, relevant blogs etc.
· Content creation and planning to build social brand advocacy and engagement programs across various social media channels to generate positive brand experience.
· Leverages competitive intelligence to provide strategy on how Shixels should innovate and evolve within the social media space.
· Guide other departments use of social media.
· Day-to-day community management of social platforms including daily activity moderation on social properties
· Advocates for Shixels in social media spaces, engaging in dialogs and answering questions where appropriate.
· Monitors effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of all Shixels social media outreach; analyzes and reviews effectiveness of campaigns to guide and evolve Shixels ongoing social media strategy.
· Creates reports for performance and others evaluation.
· Collaborates with Marketing and other key social media stakeholders to help leverage engagement of key audiences.
· Collaborates with writers, editors, designers, photographers, videographers, and others to deliver superb content through a variety of evolving social media platforms.
Skills & Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or similar and 3+ years of social media experience on agency or client-side managing social media platforms and communities.
· Mac OS X proficiency / Fluent in MS Office Suite.
· HTML / page design knowledge (Facebook/Twitter).
· Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels
· Must have experience with social community management across multiple social platforms, managing advanced social campaigns with third party vendors with solid experience using analytics and reporting tools
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of current social media; Hootsuite and other social media management & Listening applications; mobile social media usage; and emergency communications.
· Working knowledge of global social media platforms, particularly Europe, is desired.
· The demonstrated knowledge of social media performance metrics for ROI analysis is necessary as is knowledge of email marketing, search marketing, project management, and SEO best practices.
· Knowledge of design software and platform (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Wordpress, Fireworks, and Final Cut) is a plus although not needed.
· Must have excellent attention to detail with strong organization skills
· Readiness to rapidly learn and utilize new technologies in a competitive and rapidly changing business
· Readiness to work hard, play hard, and write the best code of your life
· Excellent written communication and verbal agility are necessary for cross-team collaboration.