Our client a major player in logistic and shipping sector with strong international affiliations urgently needs the services of a General Manager that would leverage on their strong brand to win new accounts in ; Oil and Gas, telecom and manufacturing sectors of the economy and also manage operations.
The General Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the Logistics/Freight/Supply chain Management divisions of the company. Duties will include developing, preparing and implementing growth and operational plans, strategic planning, working closely with the CEO and other senior management to establish business plan, goals and objectives for growth and to increase revenue.
- Help Develop business plan and strategic vision for the divisions
- Implement business plan to grow the business
- Manage a team of Logistics employees
- Prepare staffing plan for division growth
- Mentor and train direct reports
- Initiate market for new business opportunities
- P&L and budgeting responsibilities
- Oversee Operations and Sales/marketing departments
- Review current processes for continuous improvement and quality assurance
- Ascertain industry/logistics best practices to identify new and/or unique programs to differentiate clients from the marketplace and drive customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for internal communications and presentations related to key performance metrics, program updates and on-going program information.
- Manages the supply of logistics-related data to support clients in the day-to-day general areas of engineering, supply, configuration management, technical requirements identification, installation and maintenance of equipment, safety and documentation development and maintenance. Investigates potential risk and other matters of significance, and provides and implements solutions.
- Consults with assigned clients to understand their distribution networks and determines the logistics resources required to support equipment, safety, personnel and maintenance. Negotiates with supply sources to meet technical requirements.
- Works in conjunction with various parties such as business development, field support and customer service to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Analyzes and evaluates design concepts and integration support requirements to determine if concepts satisfy support requirements. Implements, monitors and adjusts .
- All other duties as assigned
- To qualify for the General Manager of Logistics position you will need a bachelor's degree in a related discipline.
- MBA with accounting knowledge is necessary.
- You will need to demonstrate at least 8 plus years of experience in managing logistics and shipping operations for a midsize to large operation.
- Professional certifications in purchasing or transportation and logistics can also enhance your desirability as a candidate.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- Good personality and exceptional written and verbal communications skills
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/212938 to apply for this job .