Our company seeks to employ qualified personnel for the position below.
Qualification and Requirement:
- Primary Distribution: responsible for all operational aspects of deliveries from brewery to first customer, including inter-brewery transports & depot replenishment.
- Transporters Management: responsible for all operational as well as contractual aspects with regards to transporters or 3rd Party Logistic Service Providers.
- Fleet Management: responsible for maintenance operations as well as rules, standards and procedures of all primary distribution vehicles, secondary distribution vehicles, private vehicles and forklifts. This includes management of CAPEX in new vehicles.
- Central Purchasing: responsible for contract management with (key) suppliers, developing sourcing plan for centrally purchased raw, packaging (RPM) and auxiliary materials. Responsible for all imported good flows, either by sea or air including management of (outsourced) clearing and inbound transport.
- Integrated Business Understanding: Able to bridge production to sales & marketing, realizing and assessing the (financial) impact of strategies/decisions.
- Strategy Development & Implementation: Able to define and implement a strategy to achieve optimal performance in terms of costs, quality, service level, people development and sustainability.
- Excellence in Execution: To be able to execute the strategies according to a plan, monitor deviations, adapt and react in effective and timely way.
- Movement of household goods of in-bound and out-bound expats.
- Export of products (for testing and sampling).
- To lead the formulation of strategies, policies, programme’s and procedures related to the sourcing of raw and packaging materials, technical spare parts and non production-related materials and the primary distribution of finished products to customers.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (2.2). A Master’s degree or post-graduate diploma in either Logistics & Transport, Logistics & Supply Chain Management or Transport Management & Planning is an advantage.
- Must have relevant professional certification e.g CILT, ILSCM.
- Minimum of years 10 post-graduate experience in Logistics in a medium/large international FMCG Company at senior managerial level with in-depth knowledge of key logistics competencies i.e. planning, distribution, warehousing, purchasing process as well as clearing & forwarding (import).
- Structural: Able to apply and improve structures. Structural working.
- Analytical: Able to separate long term from short term thinking. Able to develop and agree on operational rules, standards and procedures (e.g. safety policy).
- Negotiating: Able to apply a certain level of firmness and maturity.
- Cooperative: Able to work close together with ‘sales & marketing’ as well as production’.
- Hands- on : Able to quickly assess operational situation and effectuate a decision hence knowing the impact of decisions on the day to day business