This job listing has expired. Click here to view the latest ICT / Telecommunications jobs in Nigeria
Head, Operation and Maintenance
Industry Specialization Company NameCompany Activities
Minimum QualificationRequired Experience Available Slots
Minimum QualificationRequired Experience Available Slots
By providing wireless operators with fully-managed tower sites on a leased basis, we deliver the highest levels of QOS and the vast coverage that our customers need to grow robust and efficient networks.
In a bid to continue our exceptional quality delivery, we seek to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced professional to fill this position
Academic and Professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical or Civil Engineering from a
- recognised university or college
- Master’s Degree would be an added advantage.
- Registered Member of the Engineers Registration Board
- Member of the Institution of Engineers
Knowledge, Experience and Skills required:
- At least 8 years senior Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and management experience with a technical bias gained within the mobile industry.
- Must currently occupy at least a GM or CTO position at a medium sized telecommunications company
- Conversant with the statutory regulations and thorough knowledge of the technical processes involved in building, construction and maintenance of towers.
- Training and Experience in total quality management in a technical environment.
- Substantial knowledge of quality improvement techniques.
- Proven track record of managing telecom engineers.
- Contract management and service level agreements.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of managing technical activities at both corporate and regional (field) operations.
- Extensive experience in solving technical problems.
- Project management experience and ability to ensure project delivery on a considerable and demanding launch schedule and delivery across a range of demanding and unrelated projects simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable team leader with a good understanding and proven backgroundbin supporting a multi-customer mobile network operation.
- A role model with ability and willingness to perform as a "Player- Manager" and to lead from the front.
- Excellent organisation and human relations skills with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training of employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organisational and delegation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across functions with confidence and authority.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, including word processing, spreadsheet and telecom/mobile operations software programs.
- Intermediate Microsoft computer skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to management peers and employees.
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan workshops’ and depots’ activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organise various functions necessary to accomplish departmental activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardised situations.
- Develops and implements a customer service strategy for the technical operations which provides total customer satisfaction and meets corporate objectives.
- Develops necessary processes and procedures to ensure the achievement of high productivity and quality and continuous improvement
- Identifies, and implements new working processes to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of products and services.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with key internal and external customers to develop more business opportunities.
- Assists the CTO to provide technical solutions and keeps the Company abreast of all developments in the field of telecommunications equipment infrastructure
- Assists the CTO to coordinates, organise and monitor the activities/work of the technical function to ensure that maintenance work and tower construction is carried out to required standards and within agreed budget levelS.
- Assists the CTO to develop and ensures the implementation of the sites and technical operational budgets (including generators fuel, maintenance and repairs, electricity, security and other administration), and monitors the expenditures to achieve set targets.
- Assists the CTO to monitor the maintenance and construction of telecom towers are within established specifications and standards, and in accordance and in compliance with the company’s and relevant health and safety requirements, and in compliance with relevant health and safety legislation.
- Assists the CTO in the development and implementation of building/ construction, maintenance and repair policies, procedures and standards and ensures that these are adhered to by staff, and third party contractors.
- Assists the CTO to coordinate the installation of products and services at the towers to ensure that the company meets its contractual obligations to the customers’ complete satisfaction.
- Assists the CTO in the procuring and commissioning of new tower and network electrical equipment to ensure effective decision making.
- Assists the CTO to ensure maximum availability of security (including alarming, patrolling, and 24 hour security watchmen) and the integrity of the tower sites are not compromised and that the sites remain available for use at all times.
- Maintain regular contact with sales, marketing and commercial functions of the company to ensure that there is continual feedback about the quality of products and services.
- Assists the CTO to respond to technical issues and any customer (operator) complaints so that problems are speedily resolved to customers’ satisfaction.
- Maintains a high awareness of technical developments in the mobile, telecom/tower business industry to ensure the company maintains its competitive edge.
- In conjunction with the CTO, sales and marketing, arrange visits for customers and prospective customers to tower sites to develop and maintain their interest in company products and services.
- Keeps updated and maintains knowledge of modern maintenance techniques, machinery, electrical systems, processes and equipment and recommends new systems that will enhance the effectiveness of the technical operations function.
- Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned by the CTO.
This job listing has expired, you can no longer apply.
Only paid users can apply. Upgrade your account.